I have always been a person who had a problem with implied leadership. I have listened for years of how people of color (the new majority) should do this and do that, but we always had to compromise on everything that we do.
Implied leadership is making people believe that you are in a position of power or going to do the right thing for the majority and not themselves. However, that is usually not the case because money gets involved and this weak implied leadership was happy to eat the Master’s table and enjoy the scraps that are given.
I read an article and a lawsuit against the “civil rights leaders, their affiliations, and other organizations) who claim to be the voice of the new majority but is in actuality its ass. These people and organizations have been around for years and yet have not had any true power.
They talk and talk shit just to make themselves feel important while distracting from the real issues. They are ignorant to the facts and follow up on issues. They are afraid to stand up to the wrong, then make a stand, and damn who in the new minority agrees with it.
They always want the limelight and have failed the people. They used to have a terrible bite that put fear into those who meant to do harm to the new majority, but not they have a mild toothless bite of dying animal trying to make their last stand. The real people who had power, and made real change have been assassinated by the government, racists, dumb asses, the media, and the traitors in their own ranks.
These people and organizations wand to keep the small implied power that they currently possess. These are the same folks who hold onto old outdated ideas that are ineffective. It is for show and nothing more because it will keep the new majority quiet until a new issues comes to light, then they show up.
Maybe a catchy phrase or a new quote will keep the real changes from being implemented. Waiting for the new minority to make changes for the new majority is an illusion at best.
Real Leadership is the following:
- Real leadership is putting forth your own ideas and willing to stand up for them. No matter the views of a select power group.
- Real leadership is not supporting outdated strategies or not keeping your people in line when things do not go according to design
- Real leadership is having a pulse on all things going on around you and not sitting on your ass planning your next event.
- Real leadership has heart, drive, and soul.
- Real leadership is not about the hairstyle.
- Real leadership reaches out for help and focusing that power in a way that will not be approved by all.
- Real leadership s helping other by example and not another stupid speech or hand waving
- Real leadership is thinking outside of the box.
- Real leadership is not about doing what is popular but what is right.
- Real leadership is not about what history is going to say about you but what you did to pass the torch along.
- Real leadership is about positive change.
The modern leaders of the people of color have let us down in so many ways and it is time for a new generation to wipe away that old mentality and embrace a new mentality. To face the truth and to pay people what is due to them and not bury then.
You want to see leadership? Look at the protests in this country. Look at the people in Ferguson, and various other places around this country if you want true leadership.